Repurpose Sand Box for Preschool Sensory Exploration

I homeschooled four kids in a single-wide old mobile home. So I'm all about frugal, recycling and simplicity. A favorite way to do all three is with repurposed materials. We made outdoor toys do double duty in winter with indoor uses. For example, their Little Tikes Sand Turtle was filled with Lake Michigan beach sand and enjoyed all summer. Then in winter, I cleaned it out, bleach and sanitized and brought it indoors.

I placed a recycled old plastic tablecloth under it (you could use a shower curtain, sheet, paint drop cloth or blanket). I filled the box with colorful aquarium rocks. This costs about $15. It's my version of preschool sand and water table or the Montessori rice tub. I don't like to use food stuffs as it A) teaches food waste and B) draws bugs. Read more. Repurpose Summer Toys for Indoor Preschool Play-- Sand Box

Followers

Total Pageviews